Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Page layout: two-page magazine editorial (build phase)

If you haven't already, get to work today putting your layout ideas into InDesign. You all had great sketches and I feel confident you will bring those great ideas to life when you build these spreads! Keep your margins in mind when creating these. Don't run text into the gutter! Keep your text in your type-safety area (usually at least 1/4" in from the outside edges.) Make sure you do something creative with the background of your spread. Especially if you have lots of negative space in your sketches. We don't want your readers getting bored looking at your design.

Remember, I'm acting like ESPN magazine's editor on this assignment. I may come around and make you change certain things. If something doesn't work, I'll let you know. We've gotten past allowing you total creative freedom. Sometimes it's harder to design with someone telling you what to do!! If I say "change it," you'd better change it!

Work on these in class today and I will see how everyone progresses. It's looking like we'll also work on these in Monday's class as well, but I will hold off on that call until I see your progress in today's class.

HOMEWORK:
• Keep working on building your two-page spread in InDesign

No comments:

Post a Comment